Hey Fellow Mermaid
Does anyone know what time it is ?? Winter I know, (its freezing down here in southern Australia, lots of rubber and not so many bikini! I hope you beautiful California girls are loving your summer break 🙂 ..
Akua Oceanwear is super excited to be a part of this wonderful event that aims to raise awareness of the problems with single-use disposable plastic and challenges people to do something about it. It is now believed that 269,000 tons of plastic float across our oceans today, amounting to about a million bags being used every minute across the globe, or 150 bags a year for every person on earth.
As part of Akua’s passion for creating sustainable oceanwear, we have combined forces with a group of inspirational Australian brands, that are changing the way and creating eco friendly and natural products for adventure women like yourselfs, to put together the perfect sustainable ocean pack for your summer holidays & travel trips.
The prize is worth over $150 and includes @akuaoceanwear Parrot Fish Paradise Surf Bikini and reusable Akua Carry Bag, @ecococoaustralia 100% Organic Coconut Tanning Oil, @sun.and.earth.zinc Sustainable, Ethically sourced Ocean Zinc , @treehuggersurfwax All Natural Surf Wax and @miasmirnakos 100% Organic Home Made Body & Hair Oils. 🌞
- Comment with your personal Plastic Free July Pledge and #plasticfreejuly.
- Tag 3 ocean friends who you think would love this giveaway pack
- Follow ALL of the above brands
Competition closes on the 31st July and it is open worldwide. The winner will be drawn at random on the 1st August. Only one entry will be counted per person.
GOOD LUCK GIRLS & WISHING YOU HAPPY SALTY ADVENTURES
TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR PLASTIC
Your plastic free pledge doesn’t have to turn your life upside down, we all understand how busy and stressful life can be. It can be as simple as not using plastic bags at the supermarket anymore, ask for you deli produce to be put in containers instead of single use plastic or always carry a coffee mug with you! Every change makes a difference and once you make one, you never know how your passion and dedication could inspire others
- Bin Line (Plastic Bag) : Line your bin with several layers of newspaper
- Doggy Do Bags: Folded up newspaper
- Water Bottle: Re-useable (especially handy when travelling)
- Coffee Lid: Take a re-useable cup, or if you forget ask for no lid
- Gladwrap/ cling film : Reusable container / aluminium foil / fabric wraps
- Hair Brush: Keep an eye out for wooden / bamboo hairbrushes
- Milk: Look for a milk in refillable glass bottles
- Pasta / Rice : Make your own, buy in bulk or look for cardboard-packaged pasta
- Plastic Bag: Arms /cardboard box / reusable bag
- Plastic Straw: Request no straw or purchase
- Shampoo / Conditioner: Solid bar shampoo
- Toilet Paper: Look for toilet paper wrapped in paper
- Toothbrush: Look for a wooden bamboo toothbrush